WARNING: Interview contains explicit language.
Cam Adair is a prominent thought leader on gaming addiction and founder of Game Quitters, with his work being seen by over a quarter million people.
A talented hockey player, Cam’s life took a dramatic turn at the age of 11 when he began to experience intense bullying, leading Cam to drop out of high school, twice. Isolated, lonely and depressed, he played video games up to 16 hours a day until the age of 19 when he made a commitment to change.
Cam has spoken about gaming addiction at top international prep schools, computer science universities, corporate conferences and leadership development programs.
A world traveler, Cam shares his personal story and the lessons he’s learned in a fun and practical way to empower and challenge others to use the adversity they face as fuel for growth, connection and purpose.
Cam’s keynotes combine deep and meaningful personal insights with lessons on addiction recovery, personal development, social dynamics, entrepreneurship, creativity and psychology.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why we shouldn’t “live to fight another day”
- How to shift yourself out of depression or suicide
- Practical tips to improve your self-esteem on a daily basis
- How to balance serving people and taking care of yourself first
- Why health and nutrition are huge for self-esteem
- Fixed vs. Growth Mindset
- How pursuing passion relates with self-esteem
- How long-term habits affect self-esteem
Connect with Cam: